Stinky or smelly belly button discharge is a vivid sign of infection. The infection over belly button causes it to develop red color painful swelling and discharge curd-like substance.
Causes of infection over belly button:
· Dirt - It is dirt deposited inside the belly button, which develops bacterial or fungal infection therein, a main cause of belly button sore. Excessive moisture, darkness and filth of inside belly button incite the bacteria/fungus thereof to thrive arbitrarily damaging internal cells or tissues. Such damage caused by bacteria inside the navel affects the individual with belly button sore. Pain, swelling, reddishness and discharge of fluid from inside belly button confirm belly button infection calling for prompt remedial actions to treat belly button sore. Prompt remedial action checks navel infection and thus prevents infected belly button from getting exacerbated beyond. Filth or dirt (aka debris) trapped inside the belly button becomes a thriving ground for bacteria or fungus which annihilate the internal cells, noticed as infected sore belly button. The infection triggered due to filth or debris, trapped inside the hollow region of belly button, causes the belly button to swell and discharge smelly fluid (seemingly the pus). Smelly curd-like liquid (pus), though is discharged from navel only in extreme infection, the soreness and swelling are the vivid symptoms of navel infection, exposing the condition of navel as belly button sore. Application of antiseptic topical creams and consumption of antibiotics are the OTC treatment which you can adhere to, in order to deal with your infected navel or sore belly button
· Surgery - Tubal ligation is one of the main conditions causing belly button infection which torments the affected individuals with red color swelling, pain/inflammation and curd-like smelly discharge.
· Diabetes - Disordered sugar level in the body also is known notoriously for triggering infection over the belly button and producing thereby cottage-cheese-like smelly secretion which spews from the infected belly button.
· Poor sanitation- It is lack of proper sanitation which traps sweat and froth of soap inside the navel causing thereby infection therein. Poor sanitation triggers infection in the navel and thus embarrasses the individuals with sore belly button. Regular cleansing of belly button and keeping it free from moisture are must on a part of those who are susceptible to infections.
· Bacterial infection - It is a peculiar infection to be caused over filthy or unwashed belly button causing painful swelling and discharging pus therefrom. Sweat, soap and water deposited in hollow region of belly button allows bacteria to emerge within the navel and cause in this way infection, noticed in the form of red color painful swollen belly button discharging smelly brownish or yellow substance. Washing the infected navel with boiled lukewarm water and antibacterial soap and then dry the navel with clean towel or cotton fabric. After drying well the application of antibacterial topical cream or ointment solve the problem of belly button infection. Repeating such process regularly exterminates the bacteria completely and retrieves the infected belly button its natural health providing respite from pain and stopping smelly discharge from belly button.
· Urachal cyst - Being another type of fungal infection it also forms a pus-like white or brownish smelly substance over the infected belly button. Developing a red color swelling such type of infection renders the navel swollen, painful and smelly. Much similar to bacterial infection, such type of condition, affecting the belly button, can be treated by cleansing the navel and applying thereon antifungal creams. Consumption of oral antibiotic drugs also treat the infection over belly button checking smelly discharge and painful swelling over the infected navel.
· UV rays – Another condition rendering a healthy belly button infected and spewing there from smelly watery substance is ultraviolet rays emitted from the sun. Those who like the basking under sunshine during the winter season or prefer to swim in pool during summer season exposing theirs belly button to sun are prone to navel infection. Such type of infection causes smelly belly button discharge spewing as a curd-like substance from the infected navel.
· Yeast infection - Also known as thrush or Candida, the yeast infection also causes infection over the navel. It develops a painful condition over infected navel causing thereby smelly belly button discharge profusely. Diabetic patients are susceptible to such type of belly button infection which converts their healthy navel into a reddish, swollen and painful belly button discharging thereon a smelly curd-like substance. Such condition calls for fast medical attention.
· Fatty physique - It is another condition affecting the abdomen with smelly or stinky belly button discharge and a throbbing pain. Bulgy belly of fatty people protracts the hollowness of belly button which deposits filth and moisture excessively. Deposition of filth (sweat, soap, and bath water) inside the deep hollow belly button paves the way for infection inciting the bacteria to become offensive and start damaging the cells and tissues in deep umbilicus region of belly button which in turn triggers belly button infection. Such type of infection affects a large number of weighty people in the world with pain, swelling and smelly soil color discharge, spewing from infected belly button. Fungus and bacteria do reside frequently inside the hollow region of navel causing in this way excessive white smelly discharge from the infected belly button.
· Belly button piercing - It is one of the most common causes of belly button infection affecting the girls and young ladies utmost, who undergo navel piercing. Touching the pierced belly button causes infection over the respective region catching them unawares. Random touching with unwashed fingers triggers such infection over pierced belly button causing thereby pain, swelling and curd-like white smelly discharge as well.
Treatments for belly button infection
The infected belly button discharging smelly white substance can be treated by ensuring proper hygiene and using topical and oral antibiotic medicines. Although topical antifungal or antibacterial cream is effective enough in dealing with belly button infection helping the infected navel recover much faster, some antibiotics may also be required to catalyze the process of recovery. If you are affected with belly button infection and notice painful swelling on your infected belly button discharging some smelly curd-like substance you should take prompt remedial measures to get rid of belly button infection. The belly button, affected with painful red color swelling and smelly discharge should be cleansed properly, dried and thereafter applied antibiotic cream. With such regular practice the smelly belly button white color discharge has got to stop checking simultaneously a throbbing pain as well very naturally. Also ensure that you have your blood sugar levels checked so that you do not get repeated infections.
Kindly rate this answer and please ask other medical questions or concerns you may have.
Refer www.askmdx.com to your friends and family.
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/AskMDx